The Karmanos Cancer Institute is a unique, urban-based integrated center of research, patient care and education, dedicated to the prevention, early detection, treatment and eventual eradication of cancer.
Who We Are
Karmanos is based in southeast Michigan, in midtown Detroit, and is one of 41 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the United States. In fact, Karmanos is the only hospital in Michigan dedicated exclusively to fighting cancer.
Caring for more than 6,000 new patients annually and conducting more than 700 cancer-specific scientific investigation programs and clinical trials, the Karmanos Cancer Center is among the nation’s best cancer centers. Karmanos offers access to more than 100 cancer treatments that no other local hospital has.
Through the commitment of 1,000 staff, including nearly 300 faculty members, and supported by thousands of volunteer and financial donors, Karmanos strives to prevent, detect and eradicate cancer. Our long-term partnership with the WSU School of Medicine enhances the collaboration of critical research and academics related to cancer care.
Why Choose Karmanos
We work with hundreds of doctors to arrange for convenient care for patients and families. Together, our cancer teams and your doctor can recommend the best treatment options with immediate access to the latest cancer-fighting drugs and therapies. At Karmanos we’ll make sure your first chance at beating cancer is your best chance toward a future free of cancer.
More About Karmanos
- The Karmanos Advantage - Karmanos is the only hospital in Michigan focused solely on fighting cancer giving you access to more than 100 cancer fighting treatments that no other hospital can offer.
- Locations & Directions - Karmanos offers outpatient facilities in Detroit, Farmington Hills and Monroe providing world-class care close to home.
- Karmanos Publications – Hope, Clinical Trials Newsletter, efriends and News You Can Use offers readers stories about the people, technology and achievements that constitute Karmanos Cancer Center.
- Frequently Asked Questions – Have a few questions about Karmanos and the services offered? Check out our most commonly asked questions
- Community Partners - Karmanos is proud to be affiliated with community-minded businesses and organizations that help raise essential funds for cancer research
- Partnership With Wayne State University - Karmanos’ basic science researchers and clinicians are all faculty members at WSU’s School of Medicine, allowing the two groups to work together to break new ground in the cancer treatments.