Karmanos selected again as Most Preferred Hospital for Cancer Care in Southeast Michigan - Fourth Consecutive Year!
Friday, February 11, 2011
For four consecutive years, the Karmanos Cancer Center has topped the list of preferred hospitals in southeast Michigan for cancer care, according to a survey by the National Research Corporation. Here are a few reasons why our patients choose Karmanos over other hospitals:
- Karmanos is one of only 40 National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the entire United States.
- All of the Karmanos cancer specialists treat a specific type of cancer.
- Best Doctors and Hour Detroit magazine recently singled out many Karmanos physicians and placed them on their “Best Doctors” and “Top Docs” lists.
- Karmanos offers access to more than 100 cancer treatments that no other local hospital has.
- There are over 200 types of cancer and Karmanos not only treats them all – cancer is all we treat.
“Karmanos is totally focused on cancer treatment, research and education,” says Karmanos President and CEO Gerold Bepler, M.D., Ph.D. “Cancer patients should know that we are deeply committed to providing them with the highest quality care. Our cancer experts are discovering new therapies every day, which will one day lead to the end of this disease.”
For more information on cancer care and services call 1-800-KARMANOS or 1-800-527-6266; or visit Karmanos.org.