We know that others may claim to be leading the fight against cancer but we truly are. The Karmanos Cancer Institute is committed to being at the forefront of cancer treatment – always a step ahead. From ground-breaking original research to offering the most up-to-date treatment options, our expert team offers tomorrow’s standard of care today.
We understand that cancer is a complex disease that demands complex care. We provide each patient with a dynamic, carefully constructed treatment plan focused on their specific cancer and their unique needs. We listen to our patients and then design a plan that deals with them in a respectful, compassionate manner, and is responsive to their emotional and practical concerns.
Karmanos Cancer Care Services & Programs
- Treatment options & side effects - Karmanos provides all contemporary forms of cancer treatment and conducts research to evaluate the newest therapies.
- Clinical Trials - Research studies evaluate promising new therapies and answer scientific questions. The goal of such trials is to find treatments that are more effective in controlling cancer with fewer side effects.
- Radiology services - As the leading cancer specialists, no one understands and offers the imaging excellence we do.
- Women's Wellness Center - If you are a woman who has a history of cancer, has a genetic predisposition for breast cancer or just has general concerns or questions regarding their breast health, Karmanos offers guidance, support and screenings.
- Breast & Cervical Cancer Control Program - If you are a woman between 40-64 years of age without health insurance you may qualify for free breast and cervical screening through the Michigan Breast & Cervical Cancer Control Program (BCCCP).
- Cord Blood Program - Karmanos collects, processes and stores donated umbilical cord blood that becomes a readily available source of hematopoietic stem cells for transplant in children and adults with leukemia, lymphoma, sickle cell disease or other life-threatening conditions.
- National Asbestos-Vermiculite Center - The goal of the center is to examine the health consequences of chronic exposure to asbestos contaminated vermiculite and implement a program of early detection and treatment of cancers and asbestosis resulting from chronic exposure to asbestos.