There are a variety of support and educational groups at Karmanos to assist our patients and their families in dealing with the challenges associated with a cancer diagnosis. Support and educational groups provide the opportunity for networking, learning and alleviating feelings of isolation.
Karmanos offers support groups at our main campus in Detroit, our Weisberg Cancer Treatment Center in Farmington Hills, and other locations in the Metro Detroit area.
Registration is required before attending our groups and classes. Schedules and topics change regularly. For the most current information, please call 1-800-KARMANOS (1-800-527-6266) and ask for Social Work department or view our online event calendar.
Karmanos Cancer Center Support Groups
The Karmanos Cancer Center Main Campus is located at 4100 John R, Detroit, MI 48201.
- Anamilo Club – a monthly support group located at Karmanos Cancer Center for larynegectomy patients, family and friends.
- BRAVE - a monthly support group for males with any type of cancer
- Detroit Bladder Cancer Network - a quarterly support group for all bladder cancer patients, their family and friends
- Search under the category support group
Weisberg Cancer Treatment Center Support Groups
Karmanos’ Weisberg Cancer Treatment Center is located at 31995 Northwestern Highway, Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- Friends Like Me - After school program for school age children who have a family member with cancer.
- Women’s Grief Group - support for women who have had a spouse die of cancer
- Women’s Wellness Group - networking and discussion group for women who have chronic or advanced cancer
- Men’s Grief Group - support for men who have had a spouse die of cancer
- Men's Wellness Group - networking and discussion group for men who have chronic or advanced cancer
- Family Group - a camaraderie and support group for family members of patients with cancer
- Art Group – offers support and relieves stress by learning and advancing skill in colored pencil drawing. All materials are provided
- Scrapbooking – offers support and helps relieve stress through scrapbooking. All supplies are provided just bring your own pictures, mementos, etc.
- Search for a support group
Support Groups in the Metro Detroit Area
- Adult Bereavement Support Group - for adults who have experienced a loss of a loved one.
- Location: Older Adult Social Work Office, 24400 Civic Center Drive, Southfield, MI 48034. Call (248) 304-2201 to pre-register.