If you’ve been diagnosed with a tumor of the brain or spinal cord, it’s important to be evaluated by neuo-oncology experts before beginning treatment. We can help.
Karmanos’ Neuro-Oncology Specialists
Our Neuro-Oncology Multidisciplinary Team includes neurosurgeons, neurologists, radiation oncologists, otolaryngologists, radiologists, pathologists, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, dietitians, social workers, and genetic counselors. The team is entirely focused on treating tumors of the brain and spinal cord and shares its collective expertise to create a customized treatment plan for each patient.
Cancers and conditions treated include:
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Brainstem glioma
- Choroid plexus papilloma
- Malignant giloma
- Metastatic tumors
- Pineal tumors
- Pituitary tumors
Evaluation & Diagnosis
Each patient receives personal attention from the Neuro-Oncology Multidisciplinary Team. During your initial visit, a physician will review your medical records and medical history, x-rays and pathology slides. The team meets regularly to discuss patient care issues and refine individual patient treatment plans.
Innovative, Individualized Care
The team uses the most advanced treatments to achieve optimum success for our patients including:
- Conventional and computer-assisted neurosurgery
- Brain mapping/awake craniotomy
- Endoscopic neurosurgery
- Complex spine surgery
- Gamma Knife radiosurgery
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy
Here’s what patients can expect from our Neuro-Oncology Multidisciplinary Team:
- A passionate, caring, expert team, giving you the best chance of success.
- A collaborative approach that considers all available treatment options, including clinical trials, for your specific type of cancer.
- A carefully constructed treatment plan designed to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Respectful, compassionate care that is responsive to your emotional needs and lifestyle.
- Proactive, timely communication with you and your loved ones, and your personal physician.
Meet Our Neuro-Oncology Multidisciplinary Team
Geoffrey Barger, M.D.
Sandeep Mittal, M.D.
Abhirami Hallock, M.D.
Harold Kim, M.D.
Andre Konski, M.D.
Jordan Maier, M.D.
Alit Jeannie Amit-Yousif, M.D.
Rimma Aronov, M.D.
Karl Kish, M.D.
Natasha Robinette, M.D.
Hazem Eltahawy, M.D.
Mark Hornyak, M.D.
Murali Guthikonda, M.D.
Nicholas Szerlip, M.D.
Edward Monsel, M.D.
William J. Kupsky, M.D.
To schedule an appointment with the Karmanos Neuro-Oncology Team, call 1-800-KARMANOS (1-800-527-6266) or request an appointment online.