If you’ve been diagnosed with cancer of the genitourinary system, it’s important to be evaluated by cancer experts before beginning treatment. We can help.
Karmanos’ Genitourinary Oncology Specialists
Karmanos’ Genitourinary Oncology Multidisciplinary Team includes surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, dietitians, social workers and genetic counselors. The team is entirely focused on treating genitourinary cancers and shares its collective expertise to create a customized treatment plan for each patient.
Cancers treated include:
Our teams of specialists make the Karmanos Genitourinary Oncology Multidisciplinary Team one of the best in the nation. Included are national leaders and recognized experts in the treatment of these cancers. Several team members are recognized as “Best Doctors” in the United States. In addition, our team members are actively involved in clinical research revolving around genitourinary malignancies to developing new standards of care for our patients.
Do you have questions or concerns about prostate cancer?
- What are the symptoms and risk factors to be aware of?
- How do you detect or screen for prostate cancer?
- What are the treatment options?
Stop searching and ask one of Karmanos' Prostate Cancer physicians. Click here
Evaluation & Diagnosis
Each patient receives personal attention from the Genitourinary Oncology Multidisciplinary Team. During your initial visit, a physician will review your medical records and medical history, x-rays and pathology slides. The team meets regularly to discuss patient care issues and refine individual patient treatment plans.
Patients who benefit most from a consultation with our Genitourinary Oncology Multidisciplinary Team have:
- Previously untreated cancers
- Previous treatment for malignancies of the genitourinary system being evaluated for additional care
- Recurrences after initial treatment
- Cancer of the genitourinary tract who specifically requests being seen for treatment or second opinion
Innovative, Individualized Care
The team uses the latest technologies, including the da Vinci® Si™ Surgical System and cryotherapy to achieve optimum success for our patients. Here’s what patients can expect from our Genitourinary Oncology Multidisciplinary Team:
- A passionate, caring, expert team, giving you the best chance of success with unique access to novel therapies and techniques.
- A collaborative approach that considers all available treatment options, including clinical trials, for your specific type of cancer.
- A carefully constructed treatment plan designed to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Respectful, compassionate care that is responsive to your emotional needs and lifestyle.
- Proactive, timely communication with you and your loved ones, and your personal physician.
Meet Our Genitourinary Oncology Multidisciplinary Team Members
Ulka Vaishampayan, M.D.
, Medical Oncology
Joseph Fontana, M.D., Ph.D.
Elisabeth Heath, M.D.
Mona Doshi, M.D.
Wael Sakr, M.D.
Dong Ping Shi, M.D.
Paul Tranchida, M.D.
Syed Yasir Zaidi, M.D.
Jordan Maier, M.D.
Steven Miller, M.D.
Hussein Aoun, M.D.
Peter Littrup, M.D.
Michael Petrich, M.D.
Michael Cher, M.D.
Nivedita Dhar, M.D.
Steven Lucas, M.D.
Edson Pontes, M.D.
Isaac Powell, M.D.
Jeffrey Triest, M.D.
To schedule an appointment with the Karmanos Genitourinary Oncology Team, call 1-800-KARMANOS (1-800-527-6266) or request an appointment online.