If you’ve been diagnosed with a gynecologic cancer, it’s important to be evaluated by cancer experts before beginning treatment. We can help.
Karmanos’ Gynecologic Oncology Specialists
Our Gynecologic Oncology Multidisciplinary Team includes gynecologic oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, pharmacists, , specialized nurse practitioners, dietitians, social workers and genetic counselors. The team is entirely focused on treating gynecologic cancers and shares its collective expertise to create a customized treatment plan for each patient.
Cancers and conditions treated include:
Our team of gynecologic oncology specialists makes us one of the best cancer centers in the nation. They design and conduct clinical trials and translational research, as well as contribute to publications on the surgical and medical management of gynecologic tumors. In addition, several team members are included among the nation’s “Best Doctors” and “Who’s Who in Medicine.”
Evaluation & Diagnosis
Each patient receives personal attention from the Gynecologic Oncology Multidisciplinary Team. During your initial visit, a physician will review your medical records and medical history, x-rays and pathology slides. The team meets regularly to discuss patient care issues and refine individual patient treatment plans.
Patients who benefit most from a consultation with our Gynecology Oncology Multidisciplinary Team include those with:
- Newly diagnosed gynecologic cancers needing surgery, radiation and /or chemotherapy
- Signs suspicious for a gynecologic malignancy such as a complex pelvic mass, malignant ascites and/or elevated CA-125
- Vulvar, vaginal or cervical lesions suspicious for malignancy on pelvic exam
- Early cervical cancer interested in fertility-sparing surgery
- Pelvic masses and endometrial cancer interested in minimally invasive surgery
- Recurrent gynecologic cancers being considered for surgery, radiation or chemotherapy
- An interest in clinical trial participation
- Complicated pre-invasive disease of the lower genital tract
- Any gynecologic cancer who specifically requests being seen by the multidisciplinary team at Karmanos to initiate treatment or for a second opinion
- A personal and/or family history suggestive of hereditary gynecologic cancer
Innovative, Individualized Care
The team uses the latest technologies, including the da Vinci® Si™ Surgical System , cryotherapy and immunotherapy, to achieve optimum success for our patients. Here’s what patients can expect from our Gynecologic Oncology Multidisciplinary Team:
- A passionate, caring, expert team, giving you the best chance of success.
- A collaborative approach that considers all available treatment options, including clinical trials, for your specific type of cancer.
- A carefully constructed treatment plan designed to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Respectful, compassionate care that is responsive to your emotional needs and lifestyle.
- Proactive, timely communication with you and your loved ones, and your personal physician.
Meet Our Gynecologic Oncology Multidisciplinary Team
Robert Morris, M.D.
, Gynecologic Oncology
Gunter Deppe, M.D.
Elizabeth Puscheck, M.D.
Shelly Seward, M.D.
Leigh Ann Solomon, M.D.
Harold Kim, M.D.
Steven Miller, M.D.
Hussein Aoun, M.D.
Jill Bruno, M.D.
Peter Littrup, M.D.
Screening & Preventive Disease Specialist
Jimmy Belotte, M.D.
Nancy Petrucelli, MS, CGC
Michael Simon, M.D.
Rouba Ali-Fehmi, M.D.
Sudeshna Bandyopadhyay, M.D.
Paul Tranchida, M.D.
Syed Yasir Zaidi, M.D.
To schedule an appointment with the Gynecologic Oncology Multidisciplinary Team, call 1-800-KARMANOS (1-800-527-6266) or request an appointment online.