If you’ve been diagnosed with cancer of the head or neck, it’s important to be evaluated by cancer experts before beginning treatment. We can help.
Karmanos’ Head and Neck Oncology Specialists
Our Head and Neck Oncology Multidisciplinary Team includes surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, neuroradiologists, interventional radiologists, endocrinologists, facial and reconstructive surgeons, oral oncologist/dentist, maxillofacial prosthodontist, speech and swallow therapists, pathologists, pharmacists, dietitians, social workers, and genetic counselors. The team is entirely focused on treating head and neck cancers and shares its collective expertise to create a customized treatment plan for each patient.
Cancers treated include:
Our team of head and neck oncology specialists makes Karmanos’ program one of the finest in the nation. These members are leaders in gene therapy and rehabilitation for head and neck cancers, are actively involved in clinical research targeted at head and neck malignancies and are members of research groups such as the Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) and the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG).
Evaluation & Diagnosis
Each patient receives personal attention from the Head and Neck Oncology Multidisciplinary Team. During your initial visit, a physician will review your medical records and medical history, x-rays and pathology slides. The team meets regularly to discuss patient care issues and refine individual patient treatment plans.
Patients who benefit most from a consult with our Head and Neck Oncology Team include those:
- Patients with previously untreated local-regional cancers of the head and neck, proven or suspected.
- Patients who have undergone treatment for malignancies of the head and neck.
- Any patient with cancer of the head and neck who specifically requests being seen by the multidisciplinary team at Karmanos Cancer Center to initiate treatment or for a second opinion.
Innovative, Individualized Care
The team uses the latest technologies, including the da Vinci® Si™ Surgical System, stereotactic radiation, and cryotherapy to achieve optimum success for our patients. We also offer patient access to many of the latest local and national clinical trials.
Here’s what patients can expect from our Head and Neck Oncology Multidisciplinary Team:
- A passionate, caring, expert team, giving you the best chance of success.
- A collaborative approach that considers all available treatment options, including clinical trials, for your specific type of cancer.
- A carefully constructed treatment plan designed to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Respectful, compassionate care that is responsive to your emotional needs and lifestyle.
- Proactive, timely communication with you and your loved ones, and your personal physician.
Meet Our Head and Neck Multidisciplinary Team
Ho-Sheng Lin, M.D.
, Head and Neck Surgery
Lynne Moseley, DDS
Julie Samantray, M.D.
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Michael A. Carron, M.D.
Giancarlo Zuliani, M.D.
Mark Marunick, D.D.S
John Ensley, M.D.
Ammar Sukari, M.D.
Mahdi Shkoukani, M.D.
Tamar Alfred Giorgadze, M.D., Ph.D.
Fulvio Lonardo, M.D.
Wael A Sakr, M.D.
Paul Tranchida, M.D.
Syed Yasir Zaidi, M.D.
Harold Kim, M.D.
Alit Amit-Yousif, M.D.
Hussein Aoun, M.D.
Michael Petrich, M.D.
Natasha Robinette, M.D.
Mark Simpson, Ph.D.
Lisa Flynn, M.D.
Adam Folbe, M.D.
John Jacobs, M.D.
Robert Mathog, M.D.
George Yoo, M.D.
To schedule an appointment with the Karmanos Head and Neck Oncology Team, call 1-800-KARMANOS (1-800-527-6266) or request an appointment online.