If you’ve been diagnosed with skin cancer, it’s important to be evaluated by melanoma and skin cancer experts before beginning treatment. We can help.
Karmanos’ Melanoma and Skin Cancer Specialists
Our Melanoma and Skin Cancer Multidisciplinary Team includes surgical oncologists, medical oncologists, facial plastics and reconstructive surgeons, dermatologists, otolaryngologists, radiologists, pathologists, pharmacists, specialized nurse practitioners, dietitians, social workers and genetic counselors. The team is entirely focused on treating melanoma and other skin cancers and shares its collective expertise to create a customized treatment plan for each patient.
Cancers treated include:
Our team of melanoma and skin cancer specialists are recognized experts in the field. Several team members are among the “Best Doctors in the U.S.” and several have authored and edited articles and book chapters on melanoma and skin cancers. They are actively involved in clinical research in melanoma as part of our National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center designation.
Evaluation & Diagnosis
Each patient receives personal attention from the Melanoma and Skin Cancer Multidisciplinary Team. During your initial visit, a physician will review your medical records and medical history, x-rays and pathology slides. The team meets regularly to discuss patient care issues and refine individual patient treatment plans.
Patients who benefit most from a consult with our Melanoma and Skin Cancer Team include those:
- Patients with previously untreated local-regional cancers of the skin, especially, melanoma
- Patients who have undergone surgery for malignancies of the skin before being seen at Karmanos Cancer Center
- Any patient with melanoma or other cutaneous malignancies who specifically requests being seen for a second opinion.
Innovative, Individualized Care
The team uses the latest therapies and treatments to achieve optimum success for our patients. Here’s what patients can expect from our Melanoma and Skin Cancer Multidisciplinary Team:
- A passionate, caring, expert team, giving you the best chance of success.
- A collaborative approach that considers all available treatment options, including clinical trials, for your specific type of skin cancer.
- A carefully constructed treatment plan designed to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Respectful, compassionate care that is responsive to your emotional needs and lifestyle.
- Proactive, timely communication with you and your loved ones, and your personal physician.
Meet Our Melanoma and Skin Cancer Multidisciplinary Team
Lawrence Flaherty, M.D.
, Medical Oncology
Alice Watson, M.D.
Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgeon
Michael Carron, M.D.
Muaiad Kittaneh M.D.
Madhi Shkoukani, M.D.
George Yoo, M.D.
Steve Kim, M.D.
Donald Weaver, M.D.
Tamar Alfred Giorgadze, M.D., Ph.D.
Andrew Thompson, M.D.
To schedule an appointment with the Karmanos Melanoma and Skin Cancer Team, call 1-800-KARMANOS (1-800-527-6266) or request an appointment online.