If you’ve been diagnosed with sarcoma, it’s important to be evaluated by cancer experts before beginning treatment. We can help.
Karmanos’ Sarcoma Specialists
Sarcomas are rare tumors, with less 10,000 new cases diagnosed each year, which develop in an individual’s soft tissue or bone. Karmanos offers an expert team dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of these uncommon tumors. Our sarcoma specialists include radiologists, orthopedic surgeons, surgical oncologists, pathologists, pharmacists, dietitians, social workers and genetic counselors. The team works together and shares its collective expertise to create a customized treatment plan for each patient.
Our team of sarcoma oncology specialists includes several nationally recognized experts who bring years of previous experience in the treatment of these malignancies. They are actively involved in clinical research as they are an integral part of our National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Evaluation & Diagnosis
Each patient receives personal attention from the Sarcoma Multidisciplinary Team. During your initial visit, a physician will review your medical records and medical history, x-rays and pathology slides. The team meets regularly to discuss patient care issues and refine individual patient treatment plans.
Patients who benefit most from a consultation with Sarcoma Multidisciplinary Team include those:
- Patients with previously untreated sarcomas, proven or suspected
- Patients who have undergone surgery for sarcomas for considerations for further therapy
- Any patient with sarcoma who specifically requests being seen by Karmanos’ Multidisciplinary Sarcoma Oncology Team to initiate treatment or for a second opinion.
Innovative, Individualized Care
The team uses the latest technologies and treatments to achieve optimum success for our patients. Here’s what patients can expect from our Sarcoma Multidisciplinary Team:
- A passionate, caring, expert team, giving you the best chance of success.
- A collaborative approach that considers all available treatment options, including clinical trials, for your specific type of cancer.
- A carefully constructed treatment plan designed to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Respectful, compassionate care that is responsive to your emotional needs and lifestyle.
- Proactive, timely communication with you and your loved ones, and your personal physician.
Meet Our Sarcoma Multidisciplinary Team
Hussein Aoun, M.D.
Jill Bruno, D.O.
Steve Kim, M.D.
Donald Weaver, M.D.
To schedule an appointment with the Karmanos Sarcoma Team, call 1-800-KARMANOS (1-800-527-6266) or request an appointment online.