Karmanos Cancer Center offers the following amenities for our guests.
Please note: Karmanos and the Detroit Medical Center are non-smoking campuses, which means there is no smoking on hospital property, or parking decks.
Food & Beverage
Karmanos offers complimentary coffee, tea, water and hot chocolate for patients and visitors in the Wertz Clinic and Supportive Services office located within the cancer center. Vending machines and microwaves are available every day, 24 hours a day in the Harper Hospital Cafeteria.
In addition, Karmanos offers these eateries on our hospital’s campus:
- Midtown Express Café - located on the first floor of Karmanos. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Wendy’s -located on the first floor of Harper University Hospital, near the main elevators. Wendy’s closes every day at 3 a.m. and reopens at 6 a.m.
- Great Lakes Coffee Beanery - located in the Hutzel lobby. Hours are Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and on Saturday from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Quiznos - located on the first floor near the main entrance of Hutzel Hospital. Hours are Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and on Saturday from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Harper Hospital Cafeteria - located on the first floor of Harper University Hospital, near the Webber Elevators. Hours are Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Weekend and holiday hours vary.
If you have your own laptop or tablet computer, the Karmanos Cancer Center offers free wireless Internet access throughout the hospital. Below are the instructions on how to connect to the Karmanos wireless network.
- Click on the network connection indicator on the start bar (next to the time). (Another way would be to go to start -> settings -> Network connections)
- When the Connection window is opened it should show all available wireless signals. You must click on “KCCGUEST” and click “connect.”
- When a screen comes up saying the Karmanos terms have been accepted, you are connected to the wireless network.
You may have to accept the agreement more than once for it to confirm and allow a connection.
ATMs & Western Union
A Comerica ATM is located near the information desk in the hallway across from the Midtown Deli at Karmanos.
Other ATM machines are located in:
- Harper Hospital in the main lobby
- Harper Hospital near the cafeteria
- Hutzel Hospital in the main lobby
Great Lakes Coffee Beanery is a Western Union location. Call (313) 833-2000 for more information.
Security & Escort Services
The DMC Security Department understands the unique needs of a cancer patient and their visitors. For all security assistance that may include officer escort to sites within the DMC, lost and found, or any other issues, please call (313) 745-8353.
Chapel & Religious Services
The non-denominational Reflection Center is located on the first floor of Harper University Hospital just past Quiznos. For more information on the Reflection Center, call Spiritual Care Services at (313) 745-8940.