Thank you for considering the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute as part of your team. We want to make referring your patients as easy as possible for both you and your patient.
As a physician you can refer your patients to see our specialists for cancer treatment, or you can refer your patients to rule out a potential cancer diagnosis through our new Cancer Diagnostics Program.
There a number of options you can choose from to refer your patient to Karmanos.
What Your Patient Will Need
To help your patient prepare for their consultation with a Karmanos specialists please review the documentation requested below. If your office is not able to send the following items ahead of time, the patient should bring the appropriate documentation listed below as it applies to their specific type of cancer or past treatment.
If possible, it is best to bring at least three years’ worth of test and medical records to a consultation. It may also help patients avoid duplicating tests for which their insurance will only pay for a single test in a given time period.
- Insurance cards and identification (e.g., driver's license, social security card, state identification
- Completed Health History Questionnaire form (this form will be mailed to the patient's home)
- Necessary insurance company referrals
- Operative Report
- Bronchoscopy Report
- Colonoscopy Report
- Endoscopy Report
- ERCP Report
- Estrogen Receptor Report
- Pathology Report / Slides (original diagnosis)
- Recurrent Pathology Report / Slides
- Bone Marrow Report / Slides
- Current Labs
- Consult / Letter
- X-Ray Film(s) / Report
- CT Scan Film(s) / Report
- Bone Scan Film / Report
- MRI Film(s) / Report
- Mammogram Film(s) / Report
- Ultrasound Film(s) / Report
- History & Physical
- Hospital Discharge Summary
- Radiation Summary Report
- Chemotherapy Summary