FREE LECTURES open to the community presented by Survivorship University. Attend a one-evening lecture offered at different locations in metro Detroit. Any cancer survivor - a current patient, past patient, caregiver, friend or relative - is welcome. Advance registration is appreciated.
Cancer Survivor Celebration Week
Attend free lectures on issues facing cancer survivors.
Monday, June 24: Teresa Kilpatrick – Author of “So You’ve Survived Cancer” will speak about cancer survivorship and what to expect after treatment ends
Wednesday, June 26: Education and Resource Center “Ask the Expert Day”
- 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Karmanos Wertz Auditorium
- Refreshments will be provided
- 10 – 11 a.m. A genetics counselor will be available to answer your questions regarding heredity and cancer.
- 11 a.m. – noon –A pharmacist will be available to answer any questions regarding medications.
- 1 – 2 p.m. A nurse practitioner from the Walt Breast Center will be available to answer questions about breast cancer
Thursday, June 27: Meditation – Experience and learn the techniques of guided meditation
- 3 p.m. - 4 p.m., Karmanos Wertz Classroom
Please Join Our Survivorship Registry
Once you have completed treatment the cancer journey does not stop there. As survivors, you may still be with faced with some long term effects of cancer treatment. Please take the time to provide us with information that will help us develop programs designed to help you navigate cancer survivorship. We will notify you when a topic of interest to you is available at Karmanos. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your input.